Below is information on how to whitelist my address with AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Apple Mail, Outlook, ThunderBird. Even if your ISP or email program isn't listed, you should be able to figure out how to whitelist my email address at any ISP or with any email program with these instructions.
To ensure that email I send you ends up in your inbox and isn't sent to your junk folder, please whitelist my email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you find an email from email@example.com in your spam or junk folder, please take that opportunity to direct your mail program to learn that it is not spam by hitting the “not spam”, “not junk” or similar button. It will train your program to whitelist it. Thank you!
1. First, if you find an email from me in your Gmail spam folder, select my email and click the “Not Spam” button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from me
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
4. Click “Add Karen Aquinas to Contacts list”
To add firstname.lastname@example.org to your AOL address book:
1. Open an email from me and then click the ‘This Is Not Spam' button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the ‘Add' button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste email@example.com into the ‘Other E-Mail’ field
6. Make our “From” address, firstname.lastname@example.org, the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click “Save”
To whitelist my address with Hotmail you will need to add email@example.com to your Hotmail Safe List. Here's how:
1. First, if you find an email from me in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
2. Next, check to see if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find email@example.com on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right-hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
5. Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
7. Click the “Add” button
To whitelist email@example.com with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a “filter” after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find that email from firstname.lastname@example.org is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click “Not Spam”
2. Be sure that the address email@example.com is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. If firstname.lastname@example.org is on your “Blocked Addresses” list, select it and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
3. Open your mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right-hand corner
4. Select ‘Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
5. On the Filters page, click “Add”
6. Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and email@example.com, which tells the system to put email with firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
7. Click the “Choose Folder” pull-down menu and select ‘Inbox'
8. Pick the Add Filter button
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add email@example.com where it says “Add address”
5. Click OK
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find an email from email@example.com in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on “New Card”
5. In the “Contact” tab of the new card, copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org to the email dialog box
6. Click “Ok”
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select “Tools > Junk Mail Controls” from the drop-down menu
8. Update the “White Lists” module under the “Settings” tab by selecting “Personal Address Book” from the drop-down menu, and then check the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail”
9. Click “Ok”
Apple Mail for OS X
1.If email from email@example.com ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
2. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
3. Go to the Rules tab
4. Select Add Rule
5. Give this rule a name such as “Karen Aquinas or Biofield Health Services, LLC”
6. Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From' ‘Contains'” and then paste in “ firstname.lastname@example.org”
7. From the actions, select ‘Move message' to mailbox ‘Inbox'.
8. Click “OK”
To whitelist email@example.com with Bell / Sympatico:
1. Using www.bell.ca/ webmail sign in to your Sympatico account.
2. On the Sympatico web page, click on the Options tab at the top of the page. Select the 'More Options’ link at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
3. On the new page, under ’Junk e-mail’ click the 'Safe and Blocked Senders’ link.
4. On the next page, click the 'Safe Senders’ link.
5. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the box.
6. Click the 'Add’ button beside it. The screen will refresh and the email address should appear in the Safe List. This will tell Sympatico that email from email@example.com should not be treated as spam.